- Sarah F. Sorensen – “Art and Alfonso Cuarón’s Great Expectations: Film Rendition of Charles Dickens’ Novel Focuses on Art“
- Alex Ben Block – “Universal’s global presence pays off“, i.e. Universal doing well universally (Hollywood Reporter)
- Adam “Adrock” Horovitz of the Beastie Boys to provide music for Rudo y Cursi, reports Jesús Díaz for (Noticias)
- Fincher Fanatic reports that David Fincher (Fight Club) will film a Nike commercial (football maybe?) with Emmanuel Lubezki as Director of Photography. Filming is already underway.
- “Actors Camila Sodi and Diego Luna became parents Monday night in the city of Los Angeles.” Read more.
- Emmanuel Lubezki will be present at the Venice Film Festival, which takes place between 27 August and 6 September in Lido, Venice. He is just one of many Mexican film makers and actors who will be taking part in the 65th edition of the festival. Read more.